‘Tis the season to…come up with a 2018 solar wish list? Yes, that’s precisely what the team at SCF compiled. Some of these wishes are realistic, others are not…like that 120 crayon Crayola pack that never made its way under the tree. Check out SCF’s #SolarWishList, and please feel free to add to the list, by utilizing the comment section.
1) Preserve the ITC & throw in an extension, better yet, extend it indefinitely!
2) Minimal tariffs & quotas on cell & module imports (Section 201 Trade Case)
3) Blockchain Investment & development of additional use cases
4) More Solar-Inspired Art & Architecture
6) Increased Solar + Storage Deployment (Read more on storage bankability here)
7) Less Solar Degradation (Loss in production due to panel aging) – SunPower’s most recent degradation rates are testing at 0.25%/annually (Source here).
8) To help reverse Climate Change
9) Cheaper Panels and more efficient ways to install panels
10) Bankability of SRECs & additional rebate programs
11) Improved Community Solar Asset Management & Development of Solar for Low-Income Housing
13) Reconstruction & Renovation of Puerto Rican Grid to include DERs
14) Significantly more institutional capital in the marketplace therefore lowering the cost of capital
15) Expansion into new markets: States like Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire & others are positioning themselves to make significant progress in solar development in the next couple years.
16) Cooperation & teamwork from all stakeholders continuing to promote a sustainable cause
17) 365 days of sunshine a year, throw in some rain and snow when/where needed
18) Tax reform that incentivizes more tax equity in the market.